Welcome to Year 1
Our teacher is Miss Corradine and our teaching assistants are Mrs French, Mrs Forshaw and Mrs Kynaston.
How Can I Help My Child With Their Learning?
1. Familiarise yourself with Miss Corradine and how things work in Year One:
Click here for the Meet the Teacher Presentation
2. Familiarise yourself with our Year One Curriculum by reading our End of Year Expectations:
3. Have a look at the details of what we do in Maths, English and Phonics:
4. My child is on X book band. What does this mean?
5. See the following resources if your child needs help with these common areas for development:
Resilience - turn negative thoughts into positive ones
6. Knowledge Organisers
We use Knowledge Organisers to easily access the key information, "sticky knowledge" the children
will be engaging with in Science, Geography and History.
Our Science Topic is Everyday Materials.
This Term we will be focussing on Geography skills and knowledge in our topic, The Naughty Bus. It is such a fun topic - the children enjoy it every year.
Homework is communicated with families via SeeSaw and I will be checking every week to give you some feedback.
There may be times where you find yourselves staying at home during the school day, and if so please have a look at the suggestions below for resources to use for Home Learning.
Remember to continue to practise your number skills and times tables.
English and Phonics
- Floppy’s Phonics Sounds and Letters
- Jolly Phonics
- Oxford Owl
- Letterland Phonics
- Letters and Sounds (supplemented by closely matched and fully decodable books)
- Phonics Bug
- Phonics International
- Read Write Inc.
- Sound Discovery
I love Nature so please enjoy these Biology resources.
If you wish to have some science fun at home, click on the website and explore the experiments!
Health and Meditation
Disney 10 Minute Shakeups
Mindfulness and Anxiety
ArtWho's feeling creative today? Why not visit Tate Kids and create your very own master piece in the style of your favourite artist? There are also digital challenges and animations to get your creativity flowing. The Pop Art Andy Warhol challenge is one of my favourites! https://www.tate.org.uk/kids